Opinions about 'Mommy Blogs'

Although many people have very strong opinions about "mommy blogs" and the content that lives on ones blog, my inspiration outweighs many reservations about doing a mommy blog.  Some people think that sharing too many stories about your child(ren) can embarrass them as they get older, is too personal, etc.  My honest opinion: I gave birth to my child and if I want to share anything about her life and our life as a family, and as long as my husband and I are comfortable with it, then ROCK ON!  Share away!! Yes, I'm sure that I'll say some things that may embarrass her as she gets older, so maybe I'll even write about topics that I may regret later on in life, but have you ever had a conversation with a friend or even stranger that you later cringe about? Oh wait, am I the only one that has done that? I highly doubt it.


Share your thoughts on 'Mommy Blogs' with me.  Do you think that there is a line that should not be crossed when writing? Do you share pictures of your child(ren)? If you have older kids who know that you have a blog, do they read it and/or have then been embarrassed by it? Have any of your children ended up in therapy due to your 'Mommy Blog'?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, as long as we feel comfortable with it, we share! I tell stories about my kids all the time. I don't really tell them about it. Blogging is for me, not them. I'm sure as they get older the day will come where their stories are not mine to share anymore. But for now, they don't even know what a blog is so I'm going for it!

    ReplyDelete